Thank you for taking the time to look at my coaching profile and consider me as your coach, coach supervisor or coach mentor. I believe I’m a great coaching match for many clients and I equally recognise that my ‘flavour’ isn’t right for everyone. I’d love you to choose me because you believe we could be that great match, to support you in achieving your goals. My intent and promise would be to be totally focused on that for you, support you, challenge you and stretch your growth and learning.
My profile doesn’t read like some coaches’ and that’s because of the ‘blend’ of experience I bring to my work as an Executive Coach, more about that below.
I coach clients at the ‘top of their game’ all the way through to ‘grass roots’. This is because my career has evolved from being the first woman on a joint Fire/Ambulance Station through to working as a director across organisational boundaries and in highly political systems. This makes me pragmatic, determined and astute! Added to that since 2010 I have been running my own coaching practice as a Professionally Certificated Coach (PCC), Coach Supervisor and Coach mentor. I also train Coaches.
My expertise is focused on behavioural & performance change in organisations and is best summarised as a tripartite of a) Executive coaching, coach mentoring, coach supervision and training b) Executive & Trustee positions, including active engagement in a range of Senior Leadership activities and c) Senior interim positions focusing on clinical quality, patient care, service development and innovation.
Areas of Expertise include:
· Difference (Individual, Team & Organisation
|· Courageous conversations||· ‘Fitness’ to practise; Professional support; ‘Fit’ Organisations;|
|· Career progression||· Brand management (personal)||· Academic progression|
|· Business development||· Scenario Planning||
· Strategy development
So, what you get is a tenacious leader/coach, who is willing and able to challenge the status quo, through both support and challenge. A coach whose success is built upon good relationships and rapport, good listening and good questioning skills. A grounded coach with an intent that is always driven by my ambition for your continuous improvement and success.
I am very clear that my personal and work values embrace care, compassion, competence, communication, courage, commitment, and consistency. These are all at the core of who I am and what I believe in. I believe in difference, not just equality & diversity but the difference every individual has to offer, meaning everyone has something important to contribute.
Clients have described me as ‘an oasis of calm’ and ‘an alchemist’. Some say I frown, that’s only because I’m listening carefully. I am a robust coach and little fazes me, you can bring anything to the confidential and safe space I create. People I work with often have conversations with me, about themselves and their own impact, these are frequently courageous and could make them very vulnerable in other spaces. Amazing insight and learning comes from this place of honesty. One client said this…
|‘Lesley is a brilliant coach and supervisor. Her knowledge, professionalism, compassion and wisdom are both challenging and powerful…. a winning combination!
She is able to hold the space to feel and think, enabling great clarity and understanding to emerge. She helps ‘cut through the trees to see the wood’ and does so with empathy, integrity and humility. It’s a pleasure and a privilege to know her and work with her.’
Whilst I have a lightness and lots of humility I believe in working hard and having fun. I am very happy to be playful and have humour in my coaching sessions, yet know this is in service of achieving your goals and should not be mistaken for a discount on the importance of the work you will be doing.
I also believe the environment in which we work aids your learning, so when I work with clients I am happy to adapt to the space they need to maximise this, sometimes it’s a coffee shop, sometimes a hotel lobby, a private meeting room or even an outdoor session walking.
I am a very strong believer that organisations succeed and fail because of people, and are made up of people and therefore success must be based on distributed leadership from the ‘top of the shop’ all the way through to the ‘shop floor’. Every single person plays their part in an organisation’s success, not just the top team. This is absolutely applicable and transferable to all individual, team and organisational coaching.
Executive coaching, coach mentoring, coach supervision and training, clients include Private, Public and Charity Sectors including SME’s
- Coaching pool London Buisness School (LBS)
- Private: XL Catlin, Kautex / Unipart, Selectaglaze, ABL Health, Care UK, The TCM Group, Opusrs, Leading Resolutions, HR Elite and numerous individual private clients.
- Public: Barts Health, NHS Trust, The Royal Free Hospital, Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust Partnership, West London Mental Health Trust, East London NHS Foundation Trust, Fareham & Gosport Specialist CAMHS, Great Ormond Street, Health Education England, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Charity: TeachFirst, Social Finance, The Challenge, Leicestershire AIDS Support Services (LASS), Rainbow Trust
Executive & Trustee positions, including active engagement in a range of Senior Leadership activities
- Managing Director and CEO: Rook Tree Business Solutions ltd
- Managing Director (Trustee): Primary Care Women’s Health Forum, Community Interest Company (PCWHF)
- External Member: London Churchill College, College Oversight Board
- Vice Chair & Acting Chair: Bedfordshire East Multi Academy Trust (BEMAT)
- Associate Lecturer in Healthcare Leadership & Management (MSc) based on a collaboration between the Alliance Manchester Business School: University Birmingham; NHS Leadership Academy; KPMG; NHS Leadership Academy Award in Senior Healthcare Leadership.
- London Leadership Academy: Health Education England
- East of England Leadership Academy: Health Education England
- London Leadership Academy: Women’s Leadership Network
- Women Leading in Education: National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Talent Management Programme for the Environment Agency
- Lay Representative for Health Education England, Pan-London Quality and Regulation Unit Paramedic partner for the Health and Care Professions Council: Fitness to practice
Interim positions focusing on clinical quality, patient care, service development and innovation
- Associate Director of Patient Safety & Quality: Brent, Harrow & Hillingdon Federation of CCGs
- Deputy Director of Quality: Herts Valleys CCG
- EMAPCT / Department of Health: Any qualified provider: Wheelchair service reconfiguration
Education and qualifications:
PCC International Coach Federation; Diploma in Coaching Skills; Certificate in Coach Supervision & Mentor Coaching; Transactional Analysis TA101 & TA102; Certificate in Workplace Mediation and Investigations; Occupational, Ability and Personality (Level A and B) NEO personality questionnaire (result pending);
Master’s Degree Evaluation of Clinical Practice & change management; Common Purpose Matrix Graduate; Practitioner: Managing Successful Programmes
State Registered Paramedic; IHCD (formerly NHSTD) Ambulance Aid Instruction; IHCD (formerly NHSTD) Driving Instruction.